Thursday 18 September 2014

S1



The questioning starts in earnest between Det and Doug,
and also an inner conflict in Doug...




------------------------------------


The Detective-

'We're talking millions, son!
There was enough money there to keep you living sweet for the rest of your life.
The two guards that died; that would be a small price to pay, for someone like you.
The girl was the only loose end- maybe she still is loose out there, somewhere.
Maybe you clipped the loose thread...?

You've got a long history, we've got witnesses identifying you at the scene.
We're just waiting for forensics to do their thing.
The scene can't be completely clean; you'll have left something.

This amnesia thing is bullshit, kid!
You and I both know that.

Not that it will do you a lot of good.
We'll get you for this, butterfly- pin you to the fucking board.'


 ---






DOUG-

'Why the tough talk, detective?
You've got me locked in here, I'm not going anywhere.
You'll go home to whatever you call a life, and you'll get paid, whether you crack this case or not.
You can't hate me, you don't even know me.'

THE DETECTIVE-

'It's got nothing to do with hate.
It's about justice!'

DOUG-

'Just this?!
It's always about just this!  ha ha ha
Look- if you had me 'pinned', as you so poetically put it, I'd have been charged and stamped and processed by now.
I can't say whether I am or not guilty as you say- I can't remember a fucking thing before waking up in this shithole.'

THE DETECTIVE-

'So you've said...
We'll find that girl, if she's still alive- and she might just be the piece that finishes the picture.
It'd help you to talk now, rather than wait.'

DOUG-

'You don't pay attention to a word I say, do you defective.....I mean detective?! ha ha ha.
I wish I did remember, trust me-
oh, I forgot- you probably don't 'do' trust, do you?
Where's that psychiatrist, then?'

THE DETECTIVE-

'He'll be here any minute, don't you worry.'

DOUG-

'That's the first piece of good advice you've given me-
'don't worry'.
I reckon that's a pretty sound idea.
I'd say the same to you- 'don't worry',
but I imagine you thrive on stress and unhappiness.
Isn't that what most people do?!'

THE DETECTIVE-

'You're full of yourself, aren't you?'

DOUG-

'Orificer, I don't even know who myself is....'


 



No comments:

Post a Comment