Thursday 18 September 2014

S4




DOUG, SPEAKING ON THE PHONE-

'Hey, Sherlock- I hear things have gone pretty tits-up for you?!'

THE DETECTIVE-

'Where the fuck are you?!'

DOUG-

'Who said I'm the fuck anywhere? ha ha
It's good to speak to me again.'

THE DETECTIVE-

'Why are you ringing me?'

DOUG-

'Why not?!
Let's just say I'm pretty lonely here on this island, with all my lovely money and not much to spend it on.
Looks like I won in the end! ha ha ha'

THE DETECTIVE-

'Maybe it's not the end yet?
Maybe I find you and end this fucking story...'

DOUG-

'Hey- that's not very nice!
It's not like I robbed the money from your pocket.
Real honest truth is I can't remember robbing it in the first place.
I just kinda materialised it or whatever, there in the hospital.
There's some pretty funky stuff going on down there, in that fortress they're all dreaming about;
inter-dimensional loops and shit.
Seems though you gotta be mad to see it! LOL'

THE DETECTIVE-

'So this is the next phase of your stupid game?
I was an idiot to let this case run away from me,
more of an idiot to start drinking again,
but I'm not idiot enough to believe in fucking fairy tales!'

DOUG-

'I didn't mention any fairies, Det!
Though neither am I ruling them out.
I'm learning to keep a very open mind,
almost to the point where it's so open that my brain falls out- but not quite.
Listen- how do you think I got out of that secure hospital?
I dreamed my way out.
I wished upon a magic star and ended up in paradise.
What other way is there?'

THE DETECTIVE-

'So, did you call me to tell me all this?
The happy ending;
down the rabbit-hole you go,
down the toilet for the 'good guy'-
that's me by the way, you no good fucking piece of shit!'


DOUG-

'Tranquilo! Tranquilo!
I'm here to help you, if you want.
I've been, well.....you know, kinda lucky recently-
and you know, I just gotta spread the love, man.
'I was blessed and I could bless'-
I think that was Yeats, whoever Yeats was! ha ha
I'm offering you a way out.
I'll see you tonight.
We'll talk then.'

THE DETECTIVE-

'You'll see me?!
I'll fucking kill you!
Where?!
Where, goddamit- where will I get to put holes in you?!'

DOUG-

'No holes tonight, bud-
at least not physical holes.
I'll see you, don't worry about where or when or how.
Leave that to me, you just get some much needed rest....'








 SO DET DREAMDED, DOUG DUG A WORMHOLE THROUGH THE DREAM FABRIC, AND FABRICATED A NEW LIFE FOR HIS DEAR ENEMY

DEAR ENEMY,
I NEED A SECURITY MAN,
AND I GUESS I OWN.....SORRY, OWE YOU

OH YOU CRAZY, PRETTY THING

THING ABOUT IT

IT COULD BE THE BEST THINK YOU'VE EVER DONE


MAYBE DET WENT TO LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER,
MAYBE HE LEFT THE MESSAGE OF HIS LIFE AT THE BOTTOM OF A BOTTLE


I CAN'T (OR WON'T) SAY.


LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE,
IT'S YOUR STORY, NOT MINE....




 





She locked away a secret, deep inside herself, something she once knew to be true... but chose to forget.

'INWARDS IS THE WAY FORWARDS'



---




LIFE, LIKE STORIES AND PUZZLES, OFTEN NEEDS TO BE REVERSE ENGINEERED TO MAKE ANY SENSE....





No comments:

Post a Comment